Thursday, April 2, 2009

Madgane(A sweet Made With Jaggery)

This is a very yummy sweet dish which my mom makes on special occasions  like ugadi and serve with Ras vada and we all enjoy having it..so thought of just sharing this sugar less recipe with you all :)




Ingredients
1/2 cup bengal gram dal
1 Med size piece of jaggary(size of a small ball) grated
2 cups of coconut milk
2 tsp green cardamom powder
10-15 fried cashewnuts
a few raisins
Method
  • Roast the bengal gram dal for a while and then pressure cook it with 1 cup of water until mashed
  • Add grated jaggary,coconut milk to it and bring it to a boil 
  • Then add fried cashewnuts(broken into halves),raisins,cardamom powder and mix well and then serve.
  • Serve with Madgane 

2 comments:

  1. I know it will taste terific. I am going to make it.Asap..Thanks a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it will taste terific. I am going to make it.Asap..Thanks a lot...

    ReplyDelete