This is very healthy and yummy Biscuits which I had tried the other day and it turned out v well ....... I wanted to try out this biscuits using horlicks from a long time , I tried it and loved the soft texture inside and hard and crunchy outside, In this recipe I had used just a little sugar ...you can increase the amount of sugar if u have got a very sweet tooth , So here goes the recipe for that......
3/4 cup Whole wheat flour
1/4 cup Maida
2 tbsp Oats
1/2 cup butter (chilled)
1/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp Horlicks powder
1/4 cup choco chips
1/4 cup Milk (as required for binding)
2 tbsp finely sliced almonds for garnishing
- Take a Mixing bowl mix Whole wheat flour, Maida, Oats, Horlicks powder, sugar mix well and then add chilled butter and keep mixing by using your hand till to get the mixture similar to that of the bread crumbs.
- Add little choco chips and reserve few for garnishing.
- Add little by little milk and mix till u get a smooth dough.
- Then add little flour on the surface and divide them into balls and place then in a greased tray .
- Top each with one chocochip each and bake it in a preheated oven of 180'c for about 12 -15 mins.
- Keep checking and bake it only till crisp at the edges. Then take out of the oven and garnish with Almond slices, Serve and enjoy these biscuits with tea:-)