Monday, February 8, 2016

Pancharatna Dosa

I love all sort of dosa with any spicy chutney to go with is a pure bliss for me.....This lovely recipe was contributed by Vidya Nayak Shenoy akka it was an instant hit when I did prepare this dosa  my whole family esp both my sons simply loved it !...It was so crispy and perfect that this is going to be regular at my house :D

Here is the recipe for this Dosa :




Ingredients

1 cup Dosa Rice  ( I sometimes use even idli rice ...other day i ran out of dosa rice and used idli rice instead it came out very cripsy )

1/4 cup Urad dal

1/4 cup toor dal

1/4 cup Chana dal

1/4 cup Yellow Moong dal

1 tbsp fried gram / Daria dal / Urikadaledali / Roasted Gram dal

1 tbsp Methi seeds

salt to taste

oil for roasting dosa

Method
  • Wash , Soak Rice and all dals, methi, fried gram together for 4-5 hrs.
  • Discard water and grind  to a smooth paste adding 1/4 cup water .
  • Remove it in a bowl and cover and leave it to ferment overnight.
  • Take a flat chapathi pan smear it with little oil then take a tissue and clean the pan well. Then drop in a ladelful of batter (don't add any more then a ladelful) and spread in a circular way spreading the dosa from insice till the outside. 
  • Lower the heat and simmer with oil when edges start getting crisp take out the dosa and serve with any spicy chutney of your choice. I have served with Spicy tomato peanut chutney .

No comments:

Post a Comment