Friday, September 30, 2016

Mamama's style Masala chapathi

As the title says it all this is one of my childhood favs this one of version of spicy chapathi which my mom learnt it from my granny( i.e her mom )and I in turn learnt it from her ....so though it's simple it's a age old recipe so i thought Ill def blog this for my readers and my future reference . I used to love this a lot since my childhood days and my mum used to serve it her delicious white coconut chutney as we used to call it and this combo def rocks....it's amazing to taste ...though you can have this chapathi on it's own without any chutneys or sides ...Do try this it's yummy and quick breakfast idea which you could make it in a jiffy ...Here goes the recipe for that :D



Ingredients 

2 cups of wheat flour 

3 tbsp freshly grated coconut

6-7 green chillies (finely minced )

2 tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)

3 sprigs of curry leaves (finely chopped)

1/2 tsp sugar 

warm water for kneading this to a smooth dough

salt to taste 

oil for roasting these chapathis on the tawa 

Method

  • Take a mixing bowl add in salt, sugar, finely minced green chillies, coriander leaves, finely chopped curry leaves , coconut give it a good mix .
  • Add in  wheat flour and warm water and knead into a smooth dough like shown in the picture below.



  • Leave it aside for 30 mins.
  • Then knead it well dusting it with little wheatflour.
  •  Roll into palm size chapathis  and keep aside.
  • Heat a chapathi tawa drizzle it with some oil and  fry this chapathi on both side till golden spots appear and serve it with coconut chutney or dips of your choice :)
  • Enjoy this spicy chapathi and if you did like it don't forget to leave in your feedback !!

No comments:

Post a Comment