Thursday, August 10, 2017

Cheppi Kheeri (Sugarless Pudding)

Cheppi kheeri is most auspicious sweet ...well I won't call it sweet as it is sugarless pudding which we prepare on special occasions like Nagarpanchami, Gowri Pooja this is a very simple traditional dish which is prepared of just 3 ingredients Rice, coconut milk , haldi leaves (Patholi paan) . There is no sugar added here the sweetness is from coconut milk which gives a tinge of sweetness to the pudding and the scent of patholi paan /Haldi leaves gives out such a delicate scent that you will simply love it . Here is the simple recipe for this preparation. Here I have shared one of special tip especially for those people who stay abroad like me and cannot get Patholi leaves . 



Ingredients 

1-2 Patholi Paan 

1/2 cup Rice ( I have used basmati Rice here )

1 cup Coconut milk 

1 and 1/2  - 2 cups of water to boil the Rice

Method 


  • Boil Patholi leaves in 2 cups water in a heavy bottomed vessel .



  • Add in Rice and let it come to a boil and when it starts cooking and water reduced to half add in coconut milk  both and cook till Rice gets mushy ( should get mashed up a bit).
  • When rice gets a bit mashed up switch off the gas and serve. I like it little watery some like it little thicker adjust the consistency as per your desire.
  • To prepare coconut milk : Grind 1/2 cup coconut with 1/2  cup hot water and grind to a fine paste . Now strain and extract the coconut milk reserve this residue left and grind it again with remaining hot water and grind to a fine paste strain it for the second time to reserve coconut milk .
Here is the tip 

Here is the picture of the patholi paan I had brought from India 1 Year back ...actually I had preserved a few just as an experiment to see if i could use for the next festive season . Here is the picture of the leaf which I am taking 1 yr later ....actually what I have done here is have washed and wiped the leaf properly when it's properly dried up then I have just wrapped in a news paper and kept in the refrigerator and tada there is the picture of these leaves believe me friends the scent of these leaves have doubled . Just put 2 of these leaves in the boiling water you will see after 2-3 mins these leaves will be very fresh and ready to use when you want :)....Hope this tip helps many like me who wants to prepare these traditional dishes but due to non availability of the leaves can't prepare this ...Happy me and happy family :D 




No comments:

Post a Comment