Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Bimbul Tambali

Bimbul is a sour fruit which is  easily available in every household in Mangalore and this is my favourite there are so many traditional recipes which we prepare using this . Lucky I am that I have a big bimbul tree in my mom's house in her garden and as I stay overseas, whenever I go to visit her I always tend to bring in a lots of these bimbul and freeze it in my freezer so that I can use whenever I need them :D...On my recent visit to India this was one of the beautiful dish which I learnt it from my dear Mom and  when she prepared this I simply relished it with rice it tasted  heavenly ...Yum Yum ...Just  a few basic ingredients and with not much of an effort one can put up such a lovely dish and here is one such classic example for that ...so dear friends and readers give it a try you surely will love it :D




Ingredients

5-6 Bimbul

1 cup coconut

2-3 fried chillies

salt to taste

1 medium sized onion (finely chopped)

1/2 tsp coconut oil to drizzle 




Method


  • Wash Bimbul and boil them till soft and keep aside. Drain the water completely.
  • Grind  along with red chillies, bimbul, coconut to a fine paste and take it out in a Serving bowl . Add in salt to taste.
  • Now add in chopped onion give it a good mix and lastly drizzle with coconut oil and simply relish it with Rice ...Yum !
  • Note : There is no heating involved while making this dish and it's a cold curry .




No comments:

Post a Comment